How do I know if cloud is right for my business?
Firstly, you should evaluate if cloud services are right for your business from a strategic and operational perspective. Then, you will need to evaluate your current set-up to understand the benefits of moving to the cloud, especially in areas such as:
- Strategic drivers – does your demand for IT vary throughout the year?
- Service drivers – how important are efficiencies, security, reliability and flexibility to your business?
- Governance – how would you rate the maturity of your operating model procedures?
- Technology landscape – how many business users are there?
- Cost – do you have transparency of costs for applications and infrastructure?
- Ease of migration – when did you last invest in significant capital expenditure?
In order to make a successful transition to the cloud, you will need to answer all of these questions by reviewing your end-to-end operating model very carefully.